PRESENT: Dan C., Rick T., Carole, Steve, Bob, Mike, Kathy, Dashni, John
Others Present: Bonnie
Absent: Nancy, Rick C., MikeThe meeting was called to order at 5:31 p.m.
1. Addition to agenda: JOI dues, shirts
2. Approval of Board Minutes from 10/11/2016. Steve moved to approve, Dashni seconded, Bob noted some changes with Bob and John put in a Special Olympics sub- committee, Passed unanimously.
3. Acceptance of September Financial Reports:
Kathy motioned that the foundation will pay the JOI bill, Dan C. seconded, Passed unanimously.
Dan C. moved to accept October financial reports. Dashni seconded. Passed unanimously.
4. Membership Report Update:
We are at 42 members.
5. Board Organization
a. Optimist Bylaws and Club Policies – Rick T., Bob, Mike and Carole will work to resolve differences and present results to the board in December
b. Committee Reports:
1. Christmas Things are progressing well
2. Service Reach a Child may have an upcoming project
3. Silent Auction
4. Social Dec. 7 gift wrapping event
6. Old Business
a. Bucky Books – We have sold 49 so far with about 25 still out
b. Koeze Nuts –
c. Audit Committee – Mark and Mary Schwarz completed the audit. They recommended and the board discussed that a separate account be created for the Christmas Party. Steve moved that we accept the audit report and thank Mark and Mary for their service. Kathy seconded. Passed unanimously
d. Membership committee will be tabled until next month
7. New Business
a. Handing out of Board of Director pins will be postponed until next month.
b. Nov. 19th is the District convention. Club will pay entire registration fee.
c. Shirts – We are almost out of shirts. Rick C. will be asked to talk to his contact at Top Promotions
Bob moved to adjourn, Dashni seconded, meeting adjourned at 6:10 p.m.
Rick Thomas, Secretary