PRESENT: Dan C., Rick T., Carole, Steve, Rick C., Nancy, Diane, Bob, Mike G., Kathy, Todd
Other Present: Bonnie
Absent: Dan B.
The meeting was called to order at 5:03 p.m.
1. Addition to agenda: none
2. Approval of Board Minutes from 3/8/2016. Kathy moved to approve, Dan C. seconded, “Bob moves to accept the request…”, Passed unanimously.
3. Acceptance of March Financial Reports:
Diane motioned to accept January and February financial reports. Rick C. seconds. Bob reviewed March’s financials. Passed unanimously.
4. Membership Report Update:
Bob moved that we accept Jeannie W.’s request be dropped from membership. Diane seconds, Passed unanimously.
5. Board Organization
a. We are behind in our membership goal
b. It was discussed of having members donate to the Foundation and it was decided to keep things as they are. There is an opportunity to nominate a volunteer for the Brat Fest Volunteer of the Year worth up to $1000. Carole was going to follow up with this.
6. Committee Reports
1. Oratorical contest- March 30 was our club contest, Zone contest was April 9, and District is April 30. Our contestant won the Zone contest so we need to pay $225.
Rick C. moved that we take the $225 out of the Foundation and $30 out of the club operating fund, Mike G. seconded, passed unanimously
2. Bratfest – We have 17 people filling 19 shifts
3. Madison Marathon sign ups are low but we will work to get more
4. Reach-A-Child: Hole sponsorships are available. Running the hospitality for Apps & Taps on August 11th.
5. Special Olympics Track meet is May 7th Sign ups will be at lunches
6. SPIRIT Day is April 28th We need chaperones
7. Respect for Law is May 11th
1. May 19th – Twist NOW Meeting
2. June 4th – Reach a Child mini golf tournament
3. August ??? Pool Party
1. Basketball lottery – There will be no contest this year.
2. Rick C. is working on sponsors for next year’s Christmas party
d. Nominating committee will be meeting in the next week
7. New Business.
a. Many open speaker spots
b. STOC website sponsorship is available. 2 companies are lined up but we need 2 more.
c. Diane nominated Bonnie as Optimist of the Quarter, Kathy seconds, passed unanimously.
d. 2016 board meetings scheduled for May 10, June 14, July 12, August 9, and Sept. 13
7. Adjourn, next meeting will be April 12 at 5:00 pm. at Park Bank. RicK C. moved to adjourn, Nancy seconded. Passed unanimously.
Rick Thomas, Secretary