PRESENT: Dan C., Rick T., Carole, Steve, Bob, Mike, Kathy, Dashni
Others Present: Bonnie
Absent: Nancy, Rick C., John
The meeting was called to order at 5:07 p.m.
1. Addition to agenda: Shirts, SWIS District Conference on Nov. 19, JOI report
2. Approval of Board Minutes from 9/13/2016. Steve moved to approve, Dan seconded, Passed unanimously.
3. Acceptance of September Financial Reports:
We have a strong balance sheet. Bond account has had a low return the last few years. We raised $8400 for the Foundation last year.
Carole moved that we bill $13 for the annual banquet instead of $20. Kathy seconded. Passed unanimously.
We finished the year $1006 in the black.
Carole moved to accept August financial reports. Dashni seconded. Passed unanimously.
4. Membership Report Update:
We are at 42 members. Carole moved that we remove Alison Scherer from membership, Dan seconded, Passed unanimously.
5. Board Organization
a. Bylaws and Policies – Rick T., Bob, Carole and Mike will work to resolve differences and present results to the board in November
b. Club Goals: Carole moved to approve, Bob seconded, Passed unanimously.
1. +3 members
2. $9000 fundraising
c. Committee Chair Assignments:
1. Christmas Rick C. and Frank Rath
2. Service Dashni, Bob, Steve, John Scherer(Special Olympics)
3. Silent Auction Kathy Johnson, Rick T. and Dennis
4. Social Jackie See and Liv Sandberg
5. Fundraising Diane, Dan Chart, Ted See
6. Old Business
a. Bucky Books – We have sold 25 so far.
b. Koeze Nuts – Oct. 26th
c. Audit Committee – Mark and 1 more needed
d. Induction Banquet – We negotiated a lower price due to problems
7. New Business
a. 2016-17 Budget Adoption – Kathy moved that we transfer $2000 to the Foundation, pay 100% of registration for conferences up to $300 budget and lower the price of lunches to $12, Carole seconded, Passed unanimously.
Carole moved adoption of the 2016-17 budget, Dashni seconded, Passed unanimously.
b. Board meetings will continue on 2nd Tuesdays of the month, at 5:30.
c. JOOI has been changed to JOI
d. SWIS District is on November 19th
Carole moved to adjourn, Kathy seconded.
Rick Thomas, Secretary