Sauk Trails Optimist Club - Madison currently has 45 members. We have weekly lunch meetings at the Radisson in Madison, where we enjoy a variety of speakers, enjoy each others company, and have a lot of fun sharing in 'Happy Dollars' which go to our 501c3 Foundation for the youth. Following are some of our many yearly activities:
- Sponsoring and supporting a Spartan Youth Service JOOI Team of over 200 youth.
(The JOOI Team provides many hours of community service each year).
- Support the Reach-A-Child program not only with yearly funding but also with monthlly volunteering.
(Back-packs with books are given to first time responders to use in 'tragic' situations affecting youth.)
- Sponsoring and supporting a yearly Chistmas program with gifts for over 100 kids at the Lussier Community.
- Providing scholarships to youth who are good students and have provided service in their communities.
- Honoring officers through an annual Respect for Law program.
- Providing optimists and JOOI youth support in the running of Special Track Olympics in Oregon, Wi.
We have quarterly Social events, where potential future members are invited to learn more about our club.
Our newsletters & weekly communication provides a lot of information of the clubs continued activities.
CLUB FOUNDATION REPRESENTATIVE; CLUB TREASURER; Robert D Wortinger Send Email
Lussier - Madison Christmas Party Presents, Santa, Juggler, Food for Youth
Sauk Trails Optimist Club of Madison both Optimists and Memorial High School JOOI Youth coordinated a Christmas Party for over 125 youth at the Lussier Center in Madison. Each child received a present, there was a juggler, Santa appeared, pictures were taken, and food was enjoyed by all present.
Essay Contest Participants Essay Contestants Participate, Compete & Share with Club.
Youth provide essays for competition in judging. The winning essay was sent to SWIS District. All those participating will be sharing at a lunch meeting and will be given club gifts.